Because most users send email to the same recipients, SmarterMail automatically pulls email addresses from your Sent Items folder, your contacts, the Global Address Directory (GAL), aliases and mailing lists and saves them separately from emails in your contacts list. These auto-saved email addresses are then used to auto-complete the To, Cc and Bcc fields when applicable.
On occasion, there may be email addresses that a user does not want auto-saved, such as a misspelled email address or an outdated email address no longer in use. For this reason, users can remove email addresses from the auto-complete list.Â NOTE: Addresses pulled from the GAL, aliases, mailing lists or an user's contacts cannot be deleted from the auto-complete list.
Follow these steps to remove an email address from the auto-complete list:
- Log into SmarterMail as an user.
- Click theÂ Settings icon.
- Expand theÂ My Settings andÂ Advanced Settings folders in the navigation pane.
- ClickÂ Auto-complete. A list of email addresses that have been automatically saved in SmarterMail will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired email address(es) and clickÂ Delete.