NOTE: Exchange ActiveSync does not support the corporate calendar or email applications for the Motorola Droid, Droid 2 and Droid X. This is because these phones utilize a special application that does not follow Exchange ActiveSync standards.
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike the other synchronization methods, Exchange ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes and folders in real time. Once you have activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled the feature for an email account in SmarterMail, the Android device will need to be configured.
Follow these steps to connect your Android device to SmarterMail via Exchange ActiveSync:
- On your Android device, navigate to the settings menu.
- ClickÂ Accounts & Sync.
- ClickÂ Add Account.
- ClickÂ Corporate.
- Enter your email address and your password and clickÂ Next.
- In the Domain\Username field, enter your username and domain using the following format: \firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your password should automatically be entered. If not, enter it now.
- In the Server field, enter the URL for the webmail interface (webmail.example.com)
- If you are not using SSL, ensure that Use Secure Connection (SSL) is unchecked.
- ClickÂ Next and configure your personal preferences for the frequency and amount of data to synchronize.
- ClickÂ Next again, and configure your name as well as the connection name and clickÂ Done.